Image of the old Grammar School in Church Passage. Caption on reverse reads:- " This school was rebuilt from an earlier building in 1719, at a cost of £80, paid for by public subscription. The headmaster at the time was Ralph Pilling, who himself contributed £10. It was situated a few feet from the churchyard gate in Church Passage, and was the school house for 180 years until 1890. The building became dilapidated at the turn of the century and was demolished in 1920, the site being left as open space. Its is commemorated by a plaque in the churchyard wall". Image is taken from the churchyard, showing the railings and boundary wall with the building beyond.
Leigh Grammar School
There is no information available.