Wigan and Leigh Archives Online

PC2009.138

PC2009.138

The White Horse Hotel, a public house on the corner of Market Street and Railway Road, Leigh. The building in the picture dates from 1855 and was demolished in 1899 for road widening. Also in the picture are a group on men and boys, a mother pushing her child in a pram, and two policemen. The Queen Tea Company shop is next to the pub. Further up the street there is a man with a wheelbarrow.

Image Details

Location Leigh, Lancashire, England

Add to Basket

Prints Temporarily Unavailable